How We Keep Your Dog Clean, Happy and Healthy
Happy and Healthy
Dogs that stay with us are taken for a neighborhood walk once a day. If required, dogs that will be picked up later in the evening will also be taken for an afternoon bathroom break. When inside the daycare, the dogs play together, play with us, rest or sleep. Music is playing all day and the dogs are never unattended.
At Sit Doggie we use only non-toxic, biodegradable and environmentally sound cleaning products. For daily cleaning, we use a product by Simple Green called D Pro-5. It is a non-toxic, biodegradable disinfectant approved for use in kennels, animal care facilities and vet hospitals -- as well as in human hospitals and food service areas. D-Pro 5 is effective in killing many bacterias and viruses: including Canine Distemper and Human Corona Virus. We dilute the Simple Green as per the instructions for kennel use and use it mainly for spot cleaning. Since Sit Doggie is a social dog environment, things can get a little messy at times -- but they never stay that way! In addition to situational cleaning, we also hose down the entire facility several times a day. This ensures that absolutely NO chemicals remain after mopping. In addition, we use a 12% solution of bleach diluted 100 times (leaving it somewhere between the dilution used to purify drinking water and the chlorination of swimming pool water) for end of the day cleaning.
At Sit Doggie we are committed to providing the safest, most pleasurable experience for our clients (the dogs!) from the moment they enter the door to the moment they leave for the evening. We are strictly routine based and find, therefore, that consistency is key. In order to keep the experience working outside of the daycare, we have a few house rules:
1. Communicate any questions or concerns to our staff. We like to have a close relationship with our clients in order to provide the best care for your dog. Please report any illnesses, mood changes, absences or concerns to us. We, in turn, will inform you of such things should they become apparent at the daycare.
2. Come on a weekly basis. Coming at least once a week creates a routine that your dog can rely on. Regular attendance increases your dog's trust in us and comfort level. It also creates a predictable environment for all the dogs and this helps to keep the daycare running smoothly.
3. Keep your dog under control during drop off and pick up. Sit Doggie is a playful atmosphere of happy, controlled, and quiet dogs. In the interest of keeping this order, the dogs must understand that certain types of behaviour are not tolerated at daycare. We ask that you teach your dog that, during drop off and pick up they need to be quiet and calm. We know that you love your dog but please make your goodbye and hello a calm and quiet one so as not to get the other dogs too excited.
4. Dogs MUST be on leash at all times. When coming down the hall or in from the parking lot, it is important to have your dog on leash. This ensures that you have control of your dog should there be another dog in the entrance.
5. Doggie Poo: It's up to you! The daycare is essentially an indoor dog park and, as such, it is not uncommon for dogs to have to "go" on occasion. However, we expect all dogs to have pooped PRIOR to arriving at the daycare. We do our very best to keep Sit Doggie clean and hygienic. So, please, please poop your dog BEFORE you arrive at daycare, rain or shine.
6. Leave sick dogs at home. Although this rule seems obvious, it must be said. Please do not bring your dog in if it is coughing, sneezing, has diarrhea of an unknown cause, etc. Illness spreads easily in a confined space. We are, however, able to accommodate dogs with injuries or non-contagious conditions if they are cleared by a vet for daycare.
7. Come on a weekly basis, again! We have many clients and many regular clients. If you are a client with a flexible weekly schedule and no regularly scheduled days, your weekly attendance is what guarantees your spot. Dogs that do not attend regularly can be turned away and refunds will not be provided unless a previously agreed upon arrangement has been made. If you are going on vacation or just taking a daycare break, please let us know.
8. When you have an alternate person pick up your dog, please let us know. Your dog means everything to us. We would never want to place anyone in the wrong hands. So, if you have an alternate person picking up your dog, please phone us with their name, number and description ASAP.
9. Please pick up your dog before 6:30pm. However, we do understand that things can get in the way of your schedule and make you late for pickup. If this happens, please call and let us know and we will accommodate you where we can and within reason. Pickups after 6:45pm will be billed $10.00 for every 20 minutes late